(WTNH) – The magic hour has come! Halloween has arrived, and trick-or-treating will begin in just a few hours.
By tonight, dozens of spooky costumes will be roaming your neighborhoods in search of delicious candy.
but not! What do you do if you still need a costume? So far, most stores of any fun combinations have been sold out, or would be a little expensive.
News 8 has a list of eight last-minute, do-it-yourself Halloween costume ideas that you can do with little or no effort.
DIY last-minute Halloween costumes:
- All you need is a sheet of white paper and scissors to pull off this look. To make it more interesting, add some accessories. Maybe some red paint was splashed on your sheets for a bloody look, or some people were just wearing sunglasses on their ghostly faces for a modern take on this classic.
- Greek god/goddess
- A Greek god or goddess can easily be made with just a few sheets and strings! Roll the sheet over your body like a toga, Tada! You are basically property. Use safety pins or string to attach the sheet to you, and add some accessories (sandals, headband, gold bracelets, etc.)
- Jack oh lanterns
- This costume is so easy to make by yourself, you can do it in literal minutes before you need to head out the door. All you need is an orange shirt and a mustache. Creativity is one of the biggest parts of this outfit. Do you want a scary or silly pumpkin? It’s up to you! A quick search on Pinterest can give you tons of inspiration.
- black cat
- An all-black outfit is the basis for this look, and after that it’s up to you to accessorize. If you have an old pair of cat ears from last year’s costume, this is perfect! If not, make sure people know you’re a cat with a bit of makeup magic. Draw on some whiskers or maybe a button nose and you’re good to go!
- (Bonus: getting dressed in all-black can be the basis for a lot of costumes! Think witches, spies, characters from “The Matrix,” etc.)
- Now this may not sound like an easy DIY, but hear us out! All you need is some well-worn clothes and makeup. With a good eye palette and a quick YouTube video, you can draw your face to look like a monster. A few “cuts” and “bruises” carefully applied with a brush, along with a zombie walk, and you’ll be fine.
- This is so easy, we don’t even need to explain it. Did you get a sports shirt?
- Bicycle rider
- If you have leather accessories, a handkerchief, ripped jeans, and maybe some sunglasses, you’re ready to be a tough-looking biker (motorbike excluding one)!
- Farmer is a simple and cute look that’s kicking off this Halloween! Grab the flannel, shoes, and worn jeans (extra points if you have overalls), and you’re good to go. If you can, try to find a straw hat or perhaps a stuffed animal (horse, cow, pig, etc.) to add to your outfit to really sell.
Good luck out there, trick-or-treaters! Be sure to submit your Halloween costumes to News 8 by emailing them to email@example.com.
#LastMinute #Halloween #Costume #Ideas